Hagrid’s Rock Cakes (savory)- Don’t break a tooth!!!
credit: Food Network
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten, at room temperature
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, herbes de Provence, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and goat cheese together until smooth. Beat in the sugar and eggs. In batches, add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. With damp hands, form the dough into a 13-inch-long, 3 1/2-inch-wide loaf. Bake until light golden, about 30 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
Transfer the loaf to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on the diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
“Birthday” Sausages and Corned Beef- taken from the night that Hagrid rescued Harry and Ron’s ever hated corned beef sandwiches- I’m sure this would be an upgrade for dearest Ron
-credit: Will Cook for Smiles
- 12 oz savory butter rolls (I used King’s Hawaiian)
- ¼ lb deli sliced corned beef
- 9 slices of Aged Swiss cheese
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 5 oz mushrooms, sliced thin
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil for cooking veggies
*addition- I would add some cooked sausage links that would add extra flavor to these sliders
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 13×9 baking dish.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat and add oil. Add onions and saute until transparent. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, and cook until both done and browned.
- Take the pack of rolls out of the bag and cut them in half, width-wise. Place the bottom half in the baking pan.
- Layer corned beef evenly over the rolls.
- Spread cooked mushrooms and onions over the corned beef.
- Layer cheese slices over the top, evenly. Cover with the top halves of rolls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut in between each slider to take it out easily.
- (Leftover rolls can be beautifully reheated in a pan, covered with a lid, over medium heat, for 5-7 minutes.)
Hogwart’s Express Trolley- Chocolate Frogs, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans, and Pumpkin Pasties-
Bertie Bott’s can be purchased- probably cheapest on Amazon unless they can be found on sale or on clearance
Chocolate Frogs- I use chocolate melts from Clarice’s Cake Decorating (local business) and they had a chocolate frog mold. I sliced some strawberries and inserted them into the middle of the frog molds then it cuts through the pure chocolate flavor. Another option is a Peanut butter, graham cracker, and powdered sugar mixture that can be put in the molds, frozen and then dipped in chocolate
Pumpkin Pasty- For this I essentially used a cornish pasty pie crust (hot water crust) and a pumpkin pie filling.