Room of Requirement’s Starters- Only the best of school snacks from the room of requirement. Little head canon: Within the bustling kitchen there is a string of house elves that care for the room of requirement. They don’t ever talk about it to the staff or eve the other house elves until the end of their life when they choose the next RoRE (room of requirement elf). He or she is bonded to the room and the room of requirement calls to them when it requires the help of food or something else that the room of requirement can’t produce on its own (Gamp’s Third Law of Elemental Transfiguration). There is a little corner in the kitchen that is kept fully stocked with snack for students who come across the room at any time in the day.
So here’s where I went with this particular direction. I searched for British University students’ favorite food to order and I have bolded the food that I’m going to use as inspiration for my appetizers 🙂
(1) Spaghetti Bolognese
(2) Jacket potato
(3) Frozen pizza
(4) Stir fry
(5) Beans on toast/(7) Bacon sandwich
(6) Pasta and pesto
(9) Microwave ready meal
(10) Tuna pasta bake
(15) Beefburgers and chips
(16) Pot Noodles
(17) Readymade pie
(18) Spaghetti carbonara
(19) Sausage, egg and chips
(20) Spaghetti hoops on toast
Jacket Potato– more commonly known as baked potato in the good ol’ USofA
For appetizers we have a miniature twice baked potato and use the smaller yukon gold potatoes. They’ll be delicious and I’m sure any student would love them!
Beans on Toast- Alright a bean and bacon spread on crostini. I’ll just have to go with the flow on this one.
Curry- Alright, ever since I taught a geography course and tried this (big style) I’ve loved it ever since. Bunny Chow– basically curry in a bread cup.
Lamb Chops- I’ll figure out a lovely way to do lamb chops (with the gravy of course!!!)
Yorkshire Pudding- Traditional yorkshire pudding with lamb chops and gravy
- Fainting Fancies- I do believe Mrs. Mary Berry’s Fondant Fancies would make us faint
- Fever Fudge- I’m not a huge fan of straight up fudge, but every time I have some Divinity fudge, I’m blown away. So I’ll use Emil Lagasse’s recipe for Divinity to raise the temperature
- Nosebleed Nougat– This is something I haven’t ever had before, and not quite sure that I would want to…. well it may not be something I’d buy off the shelf but I am willing to try it (might substitute the marschino for something else….)
- Puking Pastille- Learn something new everyday “A pastille is a type of sweet or medicinal pill made of a thick liquid that has been solidified and is meant to be consumed by light chewing and allowing it to dissolve in the mouth.” So basically a candy… I found a set of recipes for Homemade Pastilles and I will just have to try my best not to make them gross enough to puke
- *****I need to remember to make them two-colored so that my guests can skive off of classes and then take the “cure”*****